In today’s rapidly changing world, Data analysis has become the most essential tool and plays a significant role in decision making, allowing corporations and businesses to run more productively and efficiently. Simply put, it can be defined as the procedure of inspection, transformation, cleansing and examination of data for discovering valuable information and gist that can support decision making.
Along with multiple approaches and facets, data analysis encompasses a mixed bag of techniques and multifariousness which is used in various businesses and science domains. Data analytics is one effective technique that allows you to uncoil the pattern and wrench out the precious insights from the raw data. Similarly, Data mining is also a kind of data analysis technique that brings the focal point on statistical modelling along with a knowledge quest for predictive purposes.
Commonly known exploratory data analysis techniques are used to uncover the new characteristics in data although confirmatory data analysis which are then utilized for confirmation of existing theorems. Predictive analytics is applicable for forecasting of statistical representation and text analytics encompasses structural and linguistic techniques to categorize and fetch the information from any and every kind of unstructured data. Furthermore, with the advent of high-end Edtech platforms like Testbook, UpGrad, Unacademy and others, knowledge and cognizance of the circulating data is available at our fingertips.
For data science aspirants, various Universities and institutions offer industry-relevant Data analytics course and some of the best routes are listed below:
- PGDBA (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics): PGDBA is a full-time three-year data analytics course offered by Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and Indian Statistical Institute of Kolkata. These are the three prime institutions of India which provide multifarious learning opportunities to the students and all institutes are affiliated by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB.
- Curriculum: This program incorporates training of technological statistics in association with business analytics. The first semester of the course consists of stochastic and probability processes, statistical structures in data, database management systems, computing for data sciences and statistical inference. In second-semester time series, regression, algorithm design and machine learning are being taught. Institutes like IIM Calcutta offer learning of financial reporting and analysis, business data mining, categorical data analysis, product management and additionally business economics with a focus on the business application. Above all, there is a project of three months also included.
- Post Graduate Program in Data Science: This is the course offered by Praxis business school Bangalore Karnataka and is playing a leading role in creating analytics professionals. After early recognition of the demand for analytic resources, Praxis introduced a full time one-year analytic program.
- Curriculum: Comprehensively this course focuses on SAS, Spark, Python, Hadoop, Amazon AWS (EMR/ EC2), MongoDB (NoSQL), Tensorflow, R, SQL, QlikView and Tableau like tools. Analytical and modelling skills like data mining, statistics, deep learning, machine learning; also visualization and communication skills which permits the use of analytics in various business situations and areas such as retails, finance, marketing etc. It includes a capstone project of one to three months and also course updation in every six months.
- Post Graduate Diploma in data science: Manipal Prolearn offers a flagship course which is made up of two modes – full time and part-time (11 months in which 9-month classroom and 2-month project training) for upskilling data analytics professionals and is the part of one of the pioneer allied services and higher education institution Manipal Global Education services Bengaluru.
- Curriculum: The course of study starts with building foundation level programs such as Python, R, statistics, data scraping & wrangling in association with core course which encompasses data visualisation, big data tools and machine learning, followed by courses of advance AI, neural networks, advanced big data and deep learning in addition of extra-curricular workshops, hackathons and a special session of behavioural skills, soft skills and design thinking.
- Post Graduate program in data science and engineering(PGP-DSE): Great learning offers 5-month classroom programs such as data science, analytics, cloud computing, machine learning, Artificial Intelligence and more, with a target to achieve professional success in the digital economy from Mumbai, Bengaluru, Delhi NCR, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune.
- Curriculum: For early professionals, an exhaustive and profound course is designed so that they can obtain relevant skills in data analytics which amalgamate proper application and theory. The course mainly covers tableau, Python, regression, decision trees, classification, SQL, random forest etc. The program is mainly devoted to hands-on practice, projects, assignments and is designed in Boot Camp format in association with a one-month capstone project which is updated every six months.
- Master of Business Administration in Data science and Data analytics: From more than a decade the integral part of Symbiosis International University, Symbiosis Centre for Information technology has been a premier player in providing education in the niche area of business management and niche area of information technology. It offers a two-year residential programme in Blended mode from Pune.
- Curriculum: A peerless course of study at SCIT incorporates end-to-end data life cycle specifically focused on using python and R with the inclusion of data visualization, data mining, text analytics, machine learning, deep learning and predictive analytics etc. It also assists in managing and developing infrastructure for supporting data analytics such as VoltDB, Hadoop Ecosystem, Neo4j, MongoDB etc. along with the 1-3 months capstone project which is updated every year.