ES file explorer alongwith 58 other apps are banned by the Indian government due to security reasons. These apps are stealing your personal data in one or another way like getting your location etc. ES file explorer was a widely used app, designed by ES Global, a subsidiary of DO Global, for Android devices. It manages your file scattered over many devices and acts as a centralized home to all. If you were very used to it and now looking for other similar apps, then you are lucky to go through this article. Scroll down and find the best alternatives to ES explorer.
As soon as the apps are banned in India and removed from Google play store, their APKs are released over the web, but it’s not safe to download and access the app through those APKs. Your safety is in your hands, better to opt for alternatives.
The alternatives I am going to share would be in the upper-hand than ES and you will find amazing features like cloud storage integration, file transfer from Android to Windows via FTP or LAN, and a root browser.
Remove and Ban: Two different aspects
In April 2019, ES File explorer has removed from google play store. Pages were filled with the news like “It was alleged the company who owns ES File Explorer, DO Global, was committing ‘click fraud’ by clicking ads in users’ apps in the background without permission. DO Global responded to these claims with the following:
“In the past week, we have noticed a series of reports about our apps by the media. We fully understand the seriousness of the allegations. As such, we immediately conducted an internal investigation on this matter. We regret to find irregularities in some of our products’ use of AdMob advertisements. Given this, we fully understand and accept Google’s decision. Moreover, we have actively cooperated with them by doing a thorough examination of every app involved.
We would like to thank the media, our partners, and the public for their support. Moving forward, we will strictly follow relevant regulations and continue conducting a comprehensive review of our products. Lastly, during this process, we have caused misunderstandings and great concern due to our being unable to communicate in a timely manner and provide complete information. We offer our sincere apologies.”
Finally, in June 2020, The app got banned in India, irrespective of its presence on the Play store. It has been said that the app along with 58 other apps is involved in citing data and privacy issues.
Alternatives to ES File Explorer
There are various alternatives to ES File Explorer, and these work even better than ES. Out of all the things, These apps are not stealing your privacy and security. The apps are available on Google play store to download on your Android devices.
1) Files by Google
Files by Google is a great and secure alternative to ES File Explorer that helps the user to find a fie quickly and provides easy browsing. It helps users to Free up space by providing smart cleaning recommendations and back up data to the cloud. It helps to share files in offline mode as well. With files by Google app, Play your downloaded audio and video files with the integrated media player.
Its features are:
- Cleans unnecessary files from the device and stores them on cloud storage.
- The app is free to access.
- Remove old photos and memes from chat apps, duplicate files, unused apps, and more from the device.
- Easy transfer of files to the SD card.
- Easy sharing of files in offline mode.
- Store files more intuitively and places them with file size.
2) File Commander
File Commander is a powerful file management app that manages your file on device, cloud and network location. It provides various features such as Vault security, Recycle Bin, Storage Analyzer, File Converter & also receive 5GB Free storage on MobiDrive.
Features in Detail
- It accesses and manages files easily. It includes integration, categorization, and customization.
- Smartly manage both external and internal storage.
- Hidden files and folders’ features.
- 5 GB of free storage and share without limitations.
- The storage analyzer manages your files more effectively.
- Vault allows you to protect sensitive data.
- File conversion service which permits you to convert from more than 1200 different file formats.
3) Solid Explorer
Solid explorer file and cloud manager is one of the best alternatives to ES explorer. This software is not free to use, however, it gives you a 14-day free trial service. It is the best-looking file and cloud manager with two self-governing panels and that brings to you a new file browsing experience.
It’s features are:
- Fingerprint sensor for opening encrypted files.
- Material Design is mind-blowing.
- Two distinct independent panels serving as file browsers.
- Customization options such as icons sets, color schemes, themes.
- Drag and Drop inside and between panels.
- FTP, SFTP, WebDav, SMB/CIFS clients.
- Read and obtain ZIP, 7ZIP, RAR, and TAR files.
- Create password-protected ZIP and 7ZIP files.
- Cloud file manager.
- Root access results in Solid Explorer a fully functional root explorer.
- Plugins Extensibility.
- Easy indexing and thus searching for files.
- Detailed file information is available.
- Rename multiple files at the same time, batch rename.
4) Total commander
Do not want annoying ads? Come to the total commander. It is a completely add a free app, yet it has some links. It can copy and move the whole subdirectories. Simple drag and drop features make access easy and convenient for users. Users can Rename and create directories, Delete files, zip and unzip RAR files, change permissions, select a group of files, select files by tapping the icon, and also show list of uninstalled apps. It has File transfer plugins, Web folder placings, and many more plugins that add incredible features to the platform.
It’s features are:
- Virtual two-panel mode.
- Media player which can be accessed directly from LAN, WebDAV, and cloud plugins.
- Configurable button bar for modifying directories, commands, starting apps, and shell commands.
- The help function in various languages.
- Optimizations for visually impaired, like text for icons.
- Multiple Supported languages of the main program and is available in 30 different languages. These are English, German, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Hebrew, Korean, and Polish.
Summing-up my words, I would like to tell you that pick one of the above-shared alternatives and enjoy maintaining files in one place. Some more apps are Astro file manager, X-plore file manager, and FX file manager.
Mention in comments if you know any other alternative. We would like to update!
Share your feedback. Thank you!