Pro and hardcore game players always try to get the best from the game play experience. Sometimes they even go to the extent to change and upgrade the hardware to increase the performance of the game. In computer, it is super easy to increase the performance of the game by modifying the BIOS, but a game console’s BIOS are not easily modifiable. In the case of Sony PS2 or Sony PlayStation 2, the BIOS of the same could be used on the computer to play games of PS2 that you have purchased authentically from the developers. Here, PCSX2 is an emulator of PS2 that uses the PS2 BIOS to read and play games without the actual presentation of the PS2 console. PCSX2 loads games using the hard disk drive of the computer.
How To Download PS2 BIOS
Players can download PS2 BIOS zip from its official website or from the link given below.
Note – After the download has been completed change the file extension from “_ip” to “.zip” for easier extraction process.
PS2 BIOS Description & System Requirements
Emulator – PCSX2 – PlayStation 2 BIOS A.K.A PS2 BIOS
File Size – 12.8 MB
RAM – Minimum 4 GB
ROM – 30 GB Space minimum
How to Use PS2 BIOS for PCSX2 Emulator
PCSX2 is the first Sony PlayStation (PS2) emulator, and reaching so far, after all these years PCSX2 has remained the best emulator for PlayStation. Game compatibility is very high with this emulator. Apparently, it comes with its own Plug-ins, which is customizable. But keep in mind that in order to run the games smoothly and lag-free, you need to have a high-end computer or laptop. The performance will be compromised if you use a low-end budget computer or laptop. While using other emulators you can use traditional Keyboards and mouse but you need to have Sony PlayStation’s controller mini joystick. It is really recommendable for the higher end performance to the players.
Quick Tips on How to Use PS2 BIOS
- Open the “Configuration Window” by single clicking on the “Configg” option on the PCSX2’s main window and then click on the button “Configuration” on the small context menu.
- Tap on the “Set BIOS Directory” option, located at the bottom of the configuration window to open a new window.
- Now locate the path of the PS2 BIOS file on your computer. (To recognize the file, it will be with the <.bin> extension.
- To save the settings and to complete the process you need to click on the <OK> on the bottom of the opened window.
- Finally, now you can use the PCS2 BIOS with PCSX2 PC emulator and play PS2 games.
So, this is how you can easily download PS2 BIOS and enjoy PlayStation games with increased higher performance. In order to follow the above process, you must be familiar with the PCSX2 emulator. If you don’t know what is PCSX2 emulator or you want us to make a tutorial on how to install PCSX2 on PC then, you can ask us in the comment box.