When you are good at something, you like to show it off. This is especially true with gamers. They want to show off their gaming skills to their fellow gamers at all costs. This is where Twitch comes into the picture. If you want to share your gaming experience with others the Twitch is the platform for you.
With over 15 million active monthly users, Twitch has emerged to one of the best live game streaming sites for the users. However, Twitch is more than just a video game streaming site. It is the hub for social and professional gamers. Twitch has provided a common platform for all the computer game enthusiasts. If you are looking for ways to stream to Twitch from your PS4, then we can help you with it. In this article, you will find all the details that you need to know.
What content is suitable for Twitch?
Twitch is a site meant for the PC video gamers. However, it is also preferred by PlayStation, Nintendo and Xbox users as well. You can stream your gaming content from any of these platforms. The good thing is that Twitch doesn’t have any restrictions on the type of content you can stream. This gives you the freedom to stream whatever gaming content you want. However, if you want to get popular on the platform, then you are advised to stream a game that is already a hit with the users. This will give you more credits than streaming any other game. This way you can also attract many users to view your content.
Twitch mainly focuses on gaming but the platform is popular among users with other interests as well. For example, content like fitness, creative, music and others are also popularly streamed on the platform. These are the topics that are beyond the computer world.
Streaming On Twitch
To start streaming on twitch, you need to first set up your Twitch account and then link it to the streaming software. You can also check the steps to twitch TV activate. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- The first step is to install the software on your device.
- In the next step, you need to create your Twitch account. You will need a valid username, email address and password to set-up your account.
- The third step is to set-up your Twitch channel. Once your registration process is complete, you can log into your Twitch account and start designing your channel.
- Next, you need to configure your twitch channel
- Once all this is done, you need to link your broadcasting software to your Twitch.
- Now you need to start your twitch channel.
Steps to stream on Twitch with a PS4
To showcase your Twitch PS4 games, you don’t have to get a separate broadcasting software. All you need is the twitch app which can be found in the PlayStation store. Look for the Twitch app in the search bar and download it on your device. Once you have the app installed, all you need to do is follow the steps given below.
- Start playing the game that you want to stream live.
- Now press the Share button on your PS4 controller after which click the option Transfer Game from the given menu.
- A new window will open where you need to choose Twitch as your streaming platform.
- In the next step, you will have to log into your Twitch account or create an account. If you already have an account then use your username and password to log in. For those who don’t have an account, you need to create one to proceed ahead with the streaming process.
- Once you log in, you will get access to the broadcasting menu. You can now configure your Twitch stream. You can activate the live recording using your PS4 camera.
- Once everything is ready, you can set the quality and title for the stream on the platform. Click on the option Start Livestream and you will be all set to roll.
Streaming you live gaming activity to Twitch is easy, if you follow these steps correctly. Now show off your console gaming skills through Twitch any time you want.