USPS tracking is an online system where a person can track the actual status of its parcel. This system is run by the United States Postal Service government agency since 1775. This service is also known as US mail or postal service, which offers domestic mail services. There are thousands of mail processed through USPS service and generated USPS tracking numbers, which cannot be the easy task to manage it.
So the online tracking system plays a vital role in managing USPS service customers by providing them the accurate status of their submit parcel. This system only required a USPS tracking number, which is systematically generated by the USPS computer system and updated in a different part of every parcel documents. Using this tracking number, you can also get the current location of your parcel.
Where to get the USPS tracking number?
The following are the documents from where you can get your USPS tracking number, and these numbers are generated through computerize so there can be no changes in it.
- Check your parcel shipping receipt of the post office.
- If you purchase the insurance from the post office of that parcel, then the tracking number will be on the sale receipt.
- During the parcel shipping process, you ask for an email address from USPS.com, and when the USPS confirms the parcel, you get the confirmation email along with the USPS tracking number.
- USPS tracking number is also printed at the bottom of the peel-off label.
If you still didn’t find the USP tracking number, then share the comment or contact USPS.
Stamps.com Online USPS Tracking Portal
Stamps have provided the easiest way to track your parcel, which is registered from USPS service. Using the tracking number given by the USPS tracking system, you can check the current location of your parcel.
Step #1. Open the STAMPS USPS TRACKING ONLINE PORTAL (www.stamps.com/shipstatus/) into the new tab web browser.
Step #2. Please type in the search bar the USPS tracking number (look at the bottom of a shipping label to locate it; do not include any dashes or spaces.
Step #3. Now click on the “Check Status” button, which will allow you to display the current status of your parcel.
Step #4. Display your package’s scanning history and status information.
Step #5. This detail can also be accessed by entering the tracking number on www.usps.com in the search bar near the upper right corner.
Does USPS tracking numbers are the same for every service?
You cannot use the same tracking number for different services in USPS. Every service has a separate USPS tracking number generated, check out the sample, which will help you to understand.
Following are the service and sample number
- USPS Tracking (9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00)
- Priority Mail (9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00)
- Certified Mail (9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00)
- Collect On Delivery Hold for Pickup (9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00)
- Global Express Guaranteed (82 000 000 00)
- Priority Mail Express International (EC 000 000 000 US)
- Priority Mail Express (9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00) (EA 000 000 000 US)
- Priority Mail International (CP 000 000 000 US)
- Registered Mail (9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00)
- Signature Confirmation (9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00)
USPS Customer Care Center
- USPS Email: USPS® Customer Service
- Call USPS: 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)
- Technical Support: 1-800-344-7779
- USPS Tracking: 1-800-222-1811
- Stamps & Postal Store Orders: 1-800-Stamp24 (1-800-782-6724)
- Free Shipping Supplies: 1-800-610-8734
- USPS TTY Access for Federal Relay Services:
- 1-800-877-8339 TTY/ASCII
- USPS WORKING HOURS
- Monday – Friday 8 AM – 8:30 PM ET
- Saturday 8 AM – 6 PM ET
How do USPS tracking numbers look like?
If you are not familiar with the USPS tracking numbers, then you should note that it is usually started with “1Z” contain 18 characters and does not include “O,” “I,” or “Q” letters. USPS tracking numbers are usually 20-22 digits long with no letters. Typically, USPS Express Mail tracking numbers are 13 characters long, begin with two letters, and end with “US.”
USPS Employment requirements
If you are looking for a job in USPS service, then you should know some things before you sign-up for USPS courier service.
- The job can be applied only when a person is 18 years of age at the hour of arrangement or 16 years of age with secondary school recognition.
- A person must be a US resident, perpetual occupant, or resident of American Samoa or a different U.S. region.
- It would be best if you thought about late business history.
- A person can pass an individual criminal verification, sedate screening, and restorative evaluation.
- The residency is a necessity for individual verifications.
- Applying a person should have a safe driving record (if appropriate to the position).
- A person must be enlisted with Selective Service if appropriate.
USPS tracking system is a secure and fast way to manage your USPS parcel through stamps. If you are having any trouble getting your parcel or other issues, then USPS customer care service is always available to help. If you have ever use USPS service, then share your experience in the comment box.